WILTSHIRE COUNCIL UPDATE
Wiltshire Council Budget 2013/4 Cricklade Community Hub (Campus) Update
Area Board Grants.
Wiltshire Council Budget 2013-14
Elected representatives voted on the budget proposals for the financial year commencing 1st. April 2013 on the 26th. February and as anticipated the level of Council Tax to be levied by Wiltshire Council will again not increase, this is despite significant cost pressures and cuts in government funding.
Cricklade Community Hub (Campus) Update;
I can now confirm that architects have been commissioned to progress the proposed twin site community hub (campus) for Cricklade. The Stones Lane site (leisure centre), will proceed ahead of the High Street proposal, community engagement relating to both sites is an essential part of the process. If the programme goes to plan, it is anticipated that a planning application for the Stones Lane site will be submitted late summer/early autumn of this year. A more detailed campus update leaflet has been distributed to most residencies in Cricklade and surrounding villages. If you have any questions please email: CampusConsultation@wiltshire.gov.uk
Area Board Grants
I can confirm that following an extraordinary area board meeting on 27th. February, the following grants were awarded to the following community groups in both Cricklade and Latton;
1. £5,000 – Jenner hall Community Trust, towards the creation of an exit door for the North hall.
2. £5,000 – Cricklade Rugby Football Club, towards their changing room project.
3. £3,900 – Cricklade Heritage Trail Project, towards the design and installation of 6 historic interpretation boards.
4. £1,640 – Cricklade Business Association, to purchase an integrated public address system for community use.
5. £345 – Latton Play & Amenity Group, towards playground repairs.
6. £500 – Latton Parish Plan Steering group, towards the development of a community led local plan.
Over the past 4 years significant sums of money have been awarded to community groups in both Cricklade and Latton who have applied for grant funding.
I hold regular surgeries in my office which is situated within the Town Council offices. If you have an issue you think I can help you with, please make contact and I will arrange a suitable date and time with you. I am asked to tackle some very sensitive issues, these take time to resolve and I do have to stress that sometimes it is difficult to get an instant result and that due process needs to be followed.
Please contact me on my e-mail address, which is Peter.Colmer@wiltshire.gov.uk or by telephone 01793-750245 (home) 07720-387708 (mobile).
Peter Colmer – Wiltshire Councillor, Cricklade, Latton & Marston Meysey